Can not open web page http://192.168.10.1 - what should I do?
Do you have a C or "common" wire connected and functioning?
Are you able to disconnect for your home network and connect to the thermostat network?
- Test by removing one of the batteries for a minute and confirming that the thermostat is still functioning
- If you don't have power, you will need to install a C wire before continuing with the installation process.
Does the thermostat have a yellow light blinking on the left side?
- Make sure you network settings day you are connected to a network called "thermostat-xx-yy-zz" (where xx-yy-zz can be ay combination of number or letters)
- Verify your network setting of your computer - If you IP address is not 192.168.10.x (where x is either 2,3,or 4), you will need to try to reconnect to the thermostat network.
- Make sure you are not running any firewall programs that wouldn't let you connect to an ad-hoc network.
- Try resetting via the reset button beneath the cover.
- Try using and iOS device like and iPhone or iPad to set up the theremostat as it is automated
- Also try using the Thermostat for windows program see www.setyourthermostat.com
- If still having issues reset the thermostat and the Wi-Fi module back to factory and then leave it alone for 30 minutes and then try it again. See article on Factory reset.