Often times there are extra wires in the wall, and you can use one of those wires to power your Thermostat. Follow the directions below:
- Turn off power to your HVAC unit
- Find your thermostat terminal block inside of your HVAC unit (you most likely have to remove a protective panel)
- Connect one of the extra wires to the "C" terminal on your HVAC unit (this likely has a "C" label, and possibly has another wire connected to it)
- Connect the other end of the same wire to the "C" terminal on the thermostat
- Replace protective panels on the thermostat and power back on your HVAC
- Test that the thermostat has power by removing the batteries. If the screen stays on when the batteries have been removed, then you have successfully applied power to the thermostat.